fbpx

Rhodes Youth Forum 2012

Call for projects

From Sep­tem­ber 28th to Octo­ber 1st, 2012 the Rhodes Youth Forum 2012 Island will host the Youth Forum for the third time. More than 100 young peo­ple inter­ested in active par­tic­i­pa­tion in pub­lic life, con­cerned about the cur­rent chal­lenges to human­ity, tended to ful­fill­ment by imple­ment­ing social projects and their per­sonal intel­lec­tual efforts.

Hold­ing this event we, all the par­tic­i­pants of the Inter­na­tional Youth Time Move­ment, want to focus your atten­tion on the prob­lems which are threat­en­ing to pros­per­ity of the present civ­i­liza­tion and to the com­ing gen­er­a­tions. They are:

1. Edu­ca­tion. Edu­ca­tional sys­tem requires new approaches able to pre­serve and mul­ti­ply human cap­i­tal which is one of the key resources for devel­op­ment of the present and future society.
  2. Employ­ment bar­ri­ers. It is nec­es­sary to elab­o­rate mech­a­nisms for the effec­tive inte­gra­tion of the youth into the labour mar­ket. We are seek­ing ways for full inte­gra­tion of the young peo­ple in life and the most impor­tant inter­na­tional projects.
  3. Loss of tra­di­tional val­ues, espe­cially the fam­ily ones, together with spir­i­tu­al­ity and her­itage of the past generations.
  4. Obsta­cles which youth faces on their way to active par­tic­i­pa­tion in pub­lic life. We need effec­tive mech­a­nisms of youth par­tic­i­pa­tion. Young peo­ple need to assume respon­si­bil­ity for their future, for their par­ents, friends, inti­mate com­mu­nity, coun­try and civ­i­liza­tion. Obsta­cles on the way of youth for­ma­tion as self-​sufficient and inde­pen­dent social force are pre­vent­ing from suc­cess­ful social development.
  5. Obsta­cle in the inter­cul­tural com­mu­ni­ca­tion. Devel­oped infra­struc­ture and com­mu­ni­ca­tion tech­nolo­gies have made this world small. We are stand­ing on the stage of global think­ing for­ma­tion and new type intel­lect, which is not lim­ited by the stereo­types of the coun­try or culture.
  6. Hur­dles in the intertem­po­ral inter­ac­tion and deal­ing with future. Mod­ern fast chang­ing world with its com­plex­ity requires new approaches in deal­ing with future. Tak­ing actions today we should real­ize how it cor­re­sponds to what will hap­pen in 5, 10 or 20 years. This is the way to develop mod­ern and com­pet­i­tive thinking.

Inter­na­tional Youth Time Move­ment unites young lead­ers tended to proac­tive behav­ior (not just in word but in deed). There­fore devel­op­ment and pre­sen­ta­tion of the project is the key con­di­tion for par­tic­i­pa­tion. Young lead­ers will get the oppor­tu­nity for sup­port from the Rhodes Youth Forum part­ners. Youth Time Intel­lec­tual Сlub will pro­vide most viable projects with pro­fes­sional and expert consulting.

Fields of projects:

1. Infra­struc­ture (as for­ma­tion of new pos­si­bil­i­ties and improv­ing qual­ity of life)
  2. Inter­cul­tural social projects
  3. Edu­ca­tion, social, vol­un­teer­ing initiatives
  4. Media projects

We are invit­ing tal­ented young social project coor­di­na­tors, young intel­lec­tu­als, researchers and experts in the rel­e­vant fields to join us.

If you are inter­ested, please fol­low the next steps:

First Step

Sub­mit your CV, appli­ca­tion form and brief of the project (with video or pre­sen­ta­tion) before August, 1st 2012 to our e-​mail: info@rhodesyouthforum.org. We will pub­lish them on our web­site. Com­ments from the Youth Time com­mu­nity and wider audi­ence will be col­lected through our e-​mail: info@rhodesyouthforum.org. Detailed descrip­tion of the project should be sent before August, 15th 2012.

Second Step

Results of the selec­tion process is expected to be pub­lished before August, 15th 2012. Most promi­nent and inter­est­ing projects will be pub­lished on our web­site. Par­tic­i­pants will be able to join the work team of one of the projects. Through­out the selec­tion process, per­sonal and pro­fes­sional qual­i­ties will be taken into consideration.

Third step

Pre­sen­ta­tion of your project on the 3rd Rhodes Youth Forum which will take place on the Rhodes island (Greece) from Sep­tem­ber 28th to Octo­ber 1st.

Con­fer­ence fee for the par­tic­i­pants – 20 euros.

Please, fol­low the news on our web­site and on our face­book group as well.

Accom­mo­da­tion costs are cov­ered by the orga­niz­ers. Travel schol­ar­ships are avail­able for selected par­tic­i­pants.

Set of doc­u­ments for candidacies:

Appli­ca­tion Form (with moti­va­tion let­ter included)

1. CV or resume
  2. Project Brief Form
  3. Detailed Project Descrip­tion Requirements
  4. Visa Form

NB. Please note that full set of doc­u­ments should be sent to info@rhodesyouthforum.org before August, 1st 2012. The sub­ject of your let­ter should be as fol­low­ing: Appli­ca­tion for the RYF 2012_​Surname_​Name. All the attached doc­u­ments should be named the same way, e.g. CV_​Surname_​name.