The conference brought together young scientists and students of MGIMO and other Russian and foreign universities. The problems of modern education in the world were discussed.
The conference initiated the creation of a discussion platform with the students themselves as the most active part of the society interested in investment in education and realizing the need for change in the educational policy of the country.
The conference had been opened by MGIMO Rector, Academician AV Torkunov and president of the WPF “Dialogue of Civilizations” VI Yakunin.
Breakout sessions were held on the following topics:
Innovation in Education:
- The impact of education on the political agenda
- Continuous education during lifetime
- Education as a national policy priority
- Creation of conditions, prerequisites and technologies required for the emergence of domestic student exchange programs
- What is the role of new educational technologies and the basic criteria for assessing the quality of education?
- Who is the main investor in values: society , government, business or people themselves?
- What is the role of education in human capital formation?
- Creation of a creative environment for cooperation among students, young scientists and business representatives
- Strategic objectives of human-oriented business education
- The problem of consumerism in planning business strategies of companies
Presentation of youth organizations:
- Student Government , as a factor in the educational process
- Current trends in the forms of organization and activities of the student movements and clubs
- A need to establish informal interdisciplinary connections to form a common space of research for students from leading universities
Participants with the best proposals were given an opportunity to discuss the issues relating to education with youth representatives from many countries present at the Youth Time Rhodes Forum in October 2011.