Leading experts on the topic of youth unemployment will be the keynote speakers at the YT Forum in Barcelona.
Speakers at earlier YT Forum and Summer Schools in the past have included:
Founder and CEO Carlo Ratti Associati
Chair in International Banking
Founder of Just Software AG
Rob van Kranenburg
Co-founder of Internet of People
Founding Partner at
Young Start-up Talent
Former CEO Siemens AG
The Youth Time Global Forum in Barcelona will be a unique event, which will gather together more than 100 participants from all over the world with the aim of coming to solutions for the most prevalent youth issues.
The topic of the annual event is The New Era of Employment and Education: Solutions for Change. The topic will be relevant to the location and the current realities on the ground there. Young people who are looking for inspiration and people who have innovative ideas on how to tackle these issues will be brought together at this event, to come to effective solutions for change that inevitably will contribute to a new era of employment and education.
The program will consist, first, of workshops and second, of project presentation meetings, in which participants and experts will evaluate the proposals the presenters have made. The program will also include roundtable discussions with prominent guests, and there will be time for social activities, in which participants will explore Barcelona and will have a chance to get to know each other
Julia Kinash, YT Movement president and an experienced attendee at many forums, training sessions, and schools, has come up with 10 useful tips on how to make ytsummer the most effective ever.
- Define your main goal for Summer School in Hamburg and focus on it.
- Don’t complain that you don’t have enough of time to rest or party hard. Don’t forget your main goal.
- Be ready to be surprised 24-hours a day.
- Leave your stereotypes at home, open up your mind to new people, experiences and knowledge.
- Don’t waste your time on empty stuff. Remember that you have only three days to live the Summer School adventure. Using your time well can bring about change that will last a lifetime.
- Time can be your friend and enemy at the same time. Be on time wherever you go.
- Don’t forget about sleep. Keep yourself fresh.
- In every process during Summer School try to find something unique and important exactly for you. Use your brain to analyze.
- Don’t be shy, be open and communicative as much as possible. Talk to each other, talk to trainers and experts. We put a lot of effort into finding the best of the best to help you to develop your skills. Use this opportunity to talk in person to prominent specialists from all over Europe.
- Don’t forget to use our hashtag #ytsummer, post photos, videos and your impressions. Together we will create more memories about the wonderful time we will have in Hamburg together.
We continue to acquaint you with a team of moderators and experts who will be working with us during YT Summer School. Meet Jaron Reisman. He is going to moderate ‘Conflict Reconciliation’ workshop. Jaron is absolutely outstanding trainer and entrepreneur from the Netherlands.
Hi Jaron. You’re new to Youth Time. Tell a bit about yourself.
I’m married to Sharon, (father of Lilach), and we live in Amsterdam. I primary work is at Knowmads Business School as executive director, program coordinator and tribe guide (Tribes are our groups).
After a couple of years of Entrepreneurship in Online Payments, I decided that it was time to switch to a more balanced approach to my professional and private life. I learned a lot about entrepreneurship, growing companies and self-awareness. This made me decide to become a trainer and entrepreneur for purpose-driven development of individuals and organisations. I work according to five principles:
- Self-leadership: Organisations and individuals find a flow if their work is purpose-centered. Yes,organisations can also be approached as having a self.
- Connecting leadership: Balancing leadership and follow-ship: We talk about “connecting leadership” at the point where people serve their own purpose and the purpose of the organisation/community they work in.
- The power of the community as a facilitator of our personal success and happiness, and a
source for the future of leadership in this world
- The pursuit of “value” and “profit” goes beyond financial means, and value exchange goes
beyond the exchange of money for a product/service.
- There is a place called home for everybody, even if you have a multi-national background. At Knowmads Business School I work with and am inspired by people and our community. We are setting a future standard for self-directed learning and co-creation in our programs. Alongside this I offer a workshop based on community learning, neuro-linguistic programming and transaction analysis. Some of the titles include:
- “Living your talents”
- “The art of shared leadership”
- “Conflict resolution — turning conflicts into a forward force”
- Masterclass: “Developing communities that learn”, with Kim van Rijt
- “Serving Self-Leadership”: Finding a way to balance your purpose and the purpose of your organisation in such a way that your actions are right and sustainable.
I also do life-coaching, business coaching and tribe (team) guidance within the school program frame as well. The tribe guidance often ask for conflict resolution, which I very much like to offer.
What is the ‘Conflict reconciliation’ workshop going to be about?
Revealing to participants how their subconscious contributes to their behaviour, and how theirawareness of this hidden contribution can be turned into a power that can contribute to resolution of the conflict.
What will the format of the workshop be?
Introduction based on storytelling, theoretical framing, working in groups of 2/3, sharing and working in a larger group.
What should Summer School participants do to prepare before attending your workshop?
In case they have never experienced systemic constellation a new world will open up for them, which I would say is hard to exactly explain if you never experienced it yourself. So prepare for the unknown becoming present and showing itself as a powerful source for growth
How Summer School attendees could use the knowledge they will get during the workshop in the future?
It is practical in an indirect way. Participants will learn to look at conflicts from a different perspective than just the rational way. This will lead to a lot of options in contributing to more harmonious situations when conflicts are faced.